While not exactly a problem many beautiful people worldwide have hooded eyes, but if you are feeling uncomfortable with it, there are several measures you can take to get rid of it either temporarily or permanently. There are 3 basic approaches to treating a hooded eye.
- Applying makeup to temporarily cover the folded skin
- By using natural products that will alleviate your looks
- Undergoing facial surgery to permanently remove the excess skin covering the lid.
These are the 3 ways that would be focused on in this discussion. It’s important to know which one would be easy and the best for you before you make any decision.
This is a temporary approach to getting rid of hooded eyes because as soon as you wash off your makeup, you are back to having a hooded eye. However, it still helps in hiding it for as long as you want. It is very crucial to know the steps, tricks and the right products to use when you want to do eye makeup as it might end up a disaster by not following the right procedure.
- Use waterproof eyeliner and mascara. One of the disadvantages of the hooded eye is that your eyelashes in constantly touching your brow bone every time you blink, so using a mascara that is not waterproof is not advisable as it will smear your brow bone
- Know where to apply your makeup. You might not want to apply makeup on your upper lid when it is going to disappear once your eye is opened. Apply eyeliner on your lash line and eyeshadow below your brow bone.
- Use your lower eyelid for a smoky look.
- Create your crease by putting on colors that are contrasting. Use a darker shade on the eye socket and apply a lighter shade under your brow bone.
Using Natural Methods
This method is effective for getting rid of hooded eyes, it is easy and convenient to pull through and it also doesn’t have any side effect. These are some of the natural products:
- Cucumber: Cucumber has anti-inflammatory property which makes it effective for getting rid of hooded eyes. It helps in tightening the sagged skin around the eyes. Put slices of cucumber that are chilled over the eyes for 20 minutes and rinse your eyes with cold water afterwards.
- Aloe Vera Gel: This also helps in de-stressing and soothing the eye area. Gently massage in cold aloe vera gel on your eyelids in a circular motion, do this for some minutes and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Egg White: This is known to increase skin elasticity and also tightening the skin as well. Apply whisked egg white on the lid and rinse off with cool water when it is dry.
- Ice Cubes: You can say goodbye to hooded eyes by applying ice cubes on your eyelids. It helps in tightening and lifting loose skin around the eyes.
This is a one-time permanent approach to getting rid of hooded eyes. It is called “Blepharoplasty” in medical term which is the removal of the folded or excess skin atop the eye. It should however, be done in a conservative way to retain a youthful appearance. Consulting a surgeon who is highly experienced and specializes in facial aesthetics is important as it is the surgeon that would decide if you need a surgery or not.