Green is a striking color for the eyes and the fact that it’s not common makes it more special and enchanting. According to the statistic, just 2% of humans in the world possess green eyes. Knowing how to further accentuate and complement your eyes while keeping it simple and natural is highly important. If you want to know ways of naturally making your green eyes more alluring, then read on to learn a few tricks you can follow to achieve it.
Step 1: The Products You Need
To achieve a simple, natural look for your eyes, these are the products you will need.
- Eye Primer
- Eyebrow Curler
- Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
- Makeup Brush
Step 2: Selecting the Right Eyeshadow Shade
Since you are pulling off a natural look, it is extremely important to go for neutral colors like peach, soft brown, subtle brown, gray, taupe or beige. Choosing a dark or bold color will ruin the natural look you are trying to create. For this tutorial, we are going to recommend a light peach, white and soft brown eyeshadow shades.
Step 3: Prime Your Lid
A quality primer is required if you want to create a flawless look. This is the secret to a lasting and smudge-free eye makeup. Apply a dot primer on each of your lids and blend it in with your index finger, when it is dry, set it in with a translucent powder. This will help to create a smooth skin surface for your eyeshadow. You can also use a concealer in place of an eye primer if you don’t have as it does the same job as the eye primer.
Step 4: Apply Your Eyeshadow
- Using a flat shadow brush, lightly apply your peach eyeshadow on your eyelid stopping just at your crease. Be sure to blend it into your lid properly to avoid creating any harsh line or demarcation.
- Apply the white shadow over your top lash line area and blend in well.
- Add the soft brown shade onto your crease and the outer corner of your eyes using a fluffy shadow brush. Be sure to create a gradient as you work on your crease.
- Gently rim the same shade of brown on your waterline at your lower lash line.
- You can also apply a soft shimmery shadow on the middle of your lid with a narrow blending brush and ensure it doesn’t get all over your entire lid.
Step 5: Apply Your Eyeliner
To ensure your eyeliner looks as natural as possible, thinly apply your eyeliner very close to your top lash line making sure it doesn’t extend to the inner corner of your eyes. Do not apply eyeliner on your lower lash line as it would draw attention away from your green eye and ruin the natural effect you are creating.
Step 6: Keep Your Brow Bone Highlighted
Select a light eyeshadow shade that matches your skin tone to highlight your brow bone. Then, use a small blending brush to properly blend the highlighter into the surrounding skin area.
Step 7: Curl Your Eyelashes
To make your eye makeup more enhanced, you can of an eyelash curler to curl your lashes to make them longer, fuller and of course, curlier. Clamp the curler on your upper lash for some seconds and the result would be lovely.
Step 8: Apply Mascara
Finally, finish off your look with one coat of mascara. Put the wand of your mascara brush on your upper lashes and sweep it upward.